Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Vacation

On Saturday I flew to Nashville, Tennessee to visit my family.  My cousin Janis and her girls came to pick me up, I had never flown into Nashville before so it was kinda cool.  Once I got off the plane and got my luggage we headed to The Opry Mill Mall and did a little shopping.  Afterwards it started raining so didn't get to do any site seeing in Nashville but Janis took to a restaurant called "Old Chicago", it was a deeeeep dish pizza place and it was so thick I could only eat one slice.
I had a blast seeing my family and having a cookout with everybody.  Katherine and myself we walked everywhere almost everyday. After all the  walking I still gained 3lbs!  Janis and myself went back to day when we were little and saw the house that our grandma lived in in  Fulton County.  On Sunday and Wednesday I went to hear my cousin preach and he gave a powerful message on both services.  I also got to run the slides on Wednesday night (felt like being at home).  I enjoyed my time with my family and going back to our memories and saying "do you remember when..."  I wouldn't trade the time and trip for anything in the world.  One treat that Janis did was on the way back to Nashville she took me a different route; she wanted to show me the Tennessee Titans football stadium....cool. 

Here are some pictures from the trip.....







5 comments:

  1. Well it's about time you finally posted another blog update !

    The pictures look so much nicer on the blog than they did on the cell phone. The part that made me laugh out loud was where you admitted that you ran the slides at your cousin's church (working while on vacation).

    I would love to visit that part of Tennessee and Kentucky one of these days. Me and my brother took a short driving trip through Tennessee about 20 years ago. I haven't been back since. I want to go back !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy, you look pretty stinkin cute in some of those pictures.

    Chris, I can't believe it has been so long since you've been to tennesse! It is one of the prettiest states!

    -Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree ... on both counts.

    My only claim to fame to Kentucky is about 5 years ago when me and my brother hung out in Covington and Newport just across the Ohio River from Cincy.

    I want to visit Nashville and Dollywood in TN.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Tammy,
    loved the pics did not see them three pounds!!
    BTW how's you niece?

    Love,
    Ela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kool - You freshened up your blog with new wallpaper and a new picture. It looks GREAT !

    ReplyDelete