Tuesday, April 14, 2009

CNA...I Am One Step Away!

A few months ago I decided I wanted to do something different, to have a change. So I did some research and I came across CNA (Certified Nursing Asst) training. There was a local training center in Homestead that offered the class but I was figuring it to be expensive. But when I was quoted the fees and all that it enquired....I was interested. With alot of thought and prayer I decided to enroll in the class and make it happen. My first day I thought what did I get myself into, the amount of material that we were covering was overwhelming. I was determined to succeed and pass, kept myself positive and believing I can do this.

I was learning so much and excited to be doing this, I couldn't wait till the next class. I was having fun and this is truly going to be an adventure for me. I am proud of myself that I have been able to discipline myself to study and just be able to soak in everything I can from my teachers. During my second week of class we took an HHA test (Home Health Aide), I passed with a 96%. It is a requirment that we take a CPR class. The class and test is given in 3 hours, I passed this test with a 95%. So far I have 2 certificates showing I passed and can contiue.

When we got into our final week of class my teacher surprised us and said that we would be taking our final exam. This only gave us one day to study and I was starting to stress because we needed to pass this test to show that we are readyto move on. We didn't take the test when it was said, so I took it last week on the spot without studying for a week. I passed the final with a 84%, so I was able to apply for my State Board test and I did.

I have my date to take the State test, I will be doing my written and clinical skills test in the same day. I will know the same day that I pass. I have some time to study and practice my skills. I am leaving this in God's hands because if this is His plan for my life and the direction for me to go....I will pass. It is official I am exactly one test away from my license and I am very excited to be doing this!

3 comments:

  1. I'm standing by your side in prayer. You will do fine and you will get that license. In JESUS name I pray....

    Ela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ela for your prayers. I have 44 days to get ready but 18 days to practice the skills. I know its in God's hands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go girl! I'm proud of ya..and I know you're gonna rock da test too!

    Patricia

    ReplyDelete