Friday, April 3, 2009

My Kids

I am not a mom who can brag about her kids. But being an Aunt, I feel I have the right to brag on these 3 special people in my life. When I speak about them I usually refer to them as my kids.



This is my niece Amanda. I cannot believe how time has flown by it seemed like yesterday she was born. Amanda was special from the day she was born. She was 4 weeks early and had under developed lungs, that required her to be on a monitor 24/7. I remember the first time I held her in December of 2000 when I came home for Christmas break. At that time due to her condition we had to get the doctor's permission for me to hold her and I was able to but I had to wear a mask. As she grew up, Amanda was more and more like my little sister than my niece. She loved to spend the night, stay up late to talk or watch movies, eat as much junk as she could before she had to go home. Amanda is now 18 yrs old, she will be graduating from high school in May where she will attend St. Johns River Community College on a scholarship for volleyball. I have been blessed to been able to see her play in volleyball tournaments with her school and summer league. Amanda has a gentle spirit and a kind heart, she never lets a moment go by that she doesn't tell you that she loves you. I am very proud of my niece and it has been my honor to be her Aunt. I love her very much and I cannot wait to see what the future holds for her.




This is my nephew Tylor. He was a mess growing up. Tylor was unique in his own way and I am close with him. I was there for his birth and eversince we have a special bond. When I look at Tylor I see my brother at that age. I would always tease him becasue he is a carbon copy of my brother! I remember returning from basic training, my family came to the airport to pick me up, when Tylor saw me he wanted out of the stroller throwing his arms up for me to get him, He never let me go that night. I took weekends every month to go see him play baseball. I was one of his biggest cheerleader and fan. He has a athletic gift that is out of the world. Tylor is now 14 yrs old and I have been blessed to have him in my life. I enjoy each year that I get to make new memories with him. Tylor has grown and matured over the past years and I am very proud of the young man he turning into. I love him more as each year passes!


This is my nephew Sean. He is truly one of a kind! Sean and I share the same birthday, I have been told that he was my gift but I just can't take him home. My family had moved to Orange Park, FL when Sean was born but I got to see him a couple weeks afterwards. When I held him there was an instant connection. Sean and I had grown very close to each other. He is our clown of the family and likes to make people laugh. He has a sweet personality and very respectful to the girls. He is into football and baseball, I have been able to watch him play. Sean reminds me so much of my dad with his ways and at times when he smiles or hold his head in a certain way. Sean is 11 yrs old and I am so very blessed to be a part of his life and him in my mine. I still have alot of years to watch him grow and mature. I love him very much and I am proud to see the young boy that he is.
I am very blessed to be their Aunt and I love them more and more each day, I miss them more as each year passes. But I would not trade my time shared and memories made for anything in the world. They are my pride and joy. I thank God everyday that I have them in my life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment